Anyone know where this 1931 DB rumble seat coupe is?

A guy in Alanson, Michigan used to own this 1931 Dodge Brothers rumble seat coupe and then moved to Florida to go to school there. The car went with him. I was just wondering if "Dreamboat" (as it says on the license plate topper) is in this community of Dodge Brothers cars? The sticker on the rear window says, "Michigan Technological University".

579cfa5908c38_File0030-adjusted.jpg.41195f3ec98a378dd0daf4cfc91203af.jpg

Copy (2) of File0038.jpg

File0042.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

John, I am sure you've done all the normal stuff, Google name, Roster, OLD rosters, etc. Good looking car! Joe Cozza has one similar in Conn, about the same color but I doubt that is it. There was also a maroon car in Canada. When restored the guy had it painted like the brochure, looked like a Harlacan? VW from the '96 Olympics. He used every color available from the factory, different color fenders and doors. Did a super restoration, we called it the clown car. I'd have to do some research to remember his name. I heard he died about 3 or so years ago, really nice guy. I forget which meet he had it to. Had a beautiful brown '18 touring at upper Mich. and a beautiful '36ish pickup in Texas. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, nearchoclatetown said:

John, I am sure you've done all the normal stuff, Google name, Roster, OLD rosters, etc. Good looking car! Joe Cozza has one similar in Conn, about the same color but I doubt that is it. There was also a maroon car in Canada. When restored the guy had it painted like the brochure, looked like a Harlacan? VW from the '96 Olympics. He used every color available from the factory, different color fenders and doors. Did a super restoration, we called it the clown car. I'd have to do some research to remember his name. I heard he died about 3 or so years ago, really nice guy. I forget which meet he had it to. Had a beautiful brown '18 touring at upper Mich. and a beautiful '36ish pickup in Texas. 

1931 Dodge DH6.gif

1931 Dodge DH Coupe.gif

post-37352-14314230199.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

The first two are the ones I mean. The first one could be bought as of last June. I remembered the second being more crazy, but you would have to meet the guy that had it painted that way. The stripe is green. he carried the brochure in the car for proof. 

9 minutes ago, nearchoclatetown said:

The first two are the ones I mean. The first one could be bought as of last June. I remembered the second being more crazy, but you would have to meet the guy that had it painted that way. The stripe is green. he carried the brochure in the car for proof. 

I asked that guy to show me the ad with the multi-colored '31, but he never got back with me on it.

5 hours ago, nearchoclatetown said:

I don't think he was in the Dodge Brothers Club when he lived in Michigan.

4 hours ago, nearchoclatetown said:

Sorry I can't help. There are plenty of members that live in Florida. Any idea what area he went to?

Nope. Wherever a major college might be, probably.

On 3/6/2024 at 3:18 PM, keiser31 said:

I asked that guy to show me the ad with the multi-colored '31, but he never got back with me on it.

Hi John

does this help at all? It's from a Ross Roy Sales Data Book I have. No other multi-colored looks and no mention of colors for the RS Coupe or any other models (unfortunately) .

Also have the other models in different colors though (Phaeton, Coupe, Sedan, Roadster) if any of those would help let me know and I'll send to you in PM.

@nearchoclatetown still working on scanning this. It's a wealth of information for those 30-33 guys looking for answers (hopefully).

Ross Roy New Six 44.jpg

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

1 hour ago, 30DodgePanel said:

Hi John

does this help at all? It's from a Ross Roy Sales Data Book I have. No other multi-colored looks and no mention of colors for the RS Coupe or any other models (unfortunately) .

Also have the other models in different colors though (Phaeton, Coupe, Sedan, Roadster) if any of those would help let me know and I'll send to you in PM.

@nearchoclatetown still working on scanning this. It's a wealth of information for those 30-33 guys looking for answers (hopefully).

Ross Roy New Six 44.jpg

I also have the brochure and I appreciate your posting them to me. That multi-colored car is a mystery and the guy got all indignant when I acted a bit skeptical about the colors. I have been researching the 1931 Dodges since about 1968 and have never seen those colors on any brochure. The rumble seat coupe looks like it has reflections on it and maybe not so many colors as his car has. Artist renderings are deceptive.