For Sale:  1941 Mercury 2dr Sedan - $10,350 - Greene, IA - Not Mine

For Sale: 1941 Mercury 2dr Sedan - $10,350 - Greene, IA

1941 mercury for sale by owner - Greene, IA - craigslist
Seller's Description:

1941 Mercury 2dr sedan, factory flathead V8, 239 cubic inch 100 hp engine, 3 speed transmission plus it comes with dual exhaust which has a 0'le school sound. The Merc starts right up has been upgraded correctly to 12-volt system, and also has electronic fuel pump and 12-volt starter and Alternator the engine runs really nice, Title is clear and ready to transfer to next owner. Very rare to find this type of early Mercury sedan, as there were very few of them build before World War II broke out on December 7th of that year. Give me a call anytime for more pictures and additional details. The Price is really affordable for what's being offered in this Classic Rare Mercury Sedan.
Copy and paste in your email: 5e1a254d20233287870c6b881764e1c9@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1941 Mercury 2dr Sedan.

'41 Mercury IA a.jpg

'41 Mercury IA b.jpg

'41 Mercury IA ba.jpg

'41 Mercury IA c.jpg

'41 Mercury IA d.jpg

'41 Mercury IA e.jpg

'41 Mercury IA f.jpg

'41 Mercury IA g.jpg

'41 Mercury IA h.jpg

'41 Mercury IA i.jpg

'41 Merc! (My interest perks up: a 10)

hmm... turquoise paint- 9

with mauve upholstery- 8

and red wheels- 7

Converted to 12v- 6

with an alternator- 5

Obligatory electric fuel pump- 4

Dual glass pack exhaust- my interest is waning quickly.

Alas!
It may be somebody's cup of tea, though. Priced right, I'd say; looks like a decent straight body, and it still has stock running gear.

The Mauve/turquoise (Santa Fe) color scheme was popular in the mid-late '80's and was ubiquitous everywhere- commercial buildings, houses, diners, etc. Didn't like it then, still dislike it. Doesn't belong on a '40's car, imho.
-Bet that's when this Merc was "fixed up". 

• Like 2

Twenty thousand Merc 2-door sedans were built in 1941, but few survive today. Same body as Ford with upgrades in trim, but shared most mechanicals with Ford.

Grilles were originally chrome. Looks like the original paint was dark blue or black, as door posts and firewall show. It may have been painted a light blue along the way as there is overspray on the radiator and flaking paint on the firewall. 

Mercury 1941

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Although it's a minor feature, the one thing that jumps out at me on the 1941-'42 and 1946 Mercury two door sedans are the rear quarter window vents which Ford Tudors don't have.   It was a feature of the 1936-'39 Lincoln-Zephyr two door Coupe-Sedan which Mercury added to their two door sedans which shared bodies with Ford. 

'41 Mercury 2dr sedan vent windows.jpg

'41 Mercury 2dr sedan vent windows a.jpg

'41 ford tudor windows.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
added photos (see edit history)

9 minutes ago, 58L-Y8 said:

It was a feature of the 1936-'39 Lincoln-Zephyr two door Coupe-Sedan which Mercury added to their two door sedans which shared bodies with Ford. 

LZ dropped them after ‘39, but they were retained on the Continental sedans until ‘48.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lee H said:

LZ dropped them after ‘39, but they were retained on the Continental sedans until ‘48.

Thanks, I remembered that after I posted the comments.  The Lincoln Continental coupes picked up the feature, likely the Mercury was also granted those for a visual tie-in and as a nice enticement to buy a Mercury.