1997 Riviera wheel opening molding rubber

LewisR

Hi, all...

I'm sprucing up my mom's last car (she passed in 2006), a 1997 Riviera, to take to the ROA meet this year. Among the various bits and pieces I'm trying to locate is a source for the rubber strip which was apparently available from the factory as part of the chrome trim "assembly" for each wheel. Mine are in varying states of tearing (poor disassembly by careless workers, age, who knows?).

While the stainless itself is in fairly decent shape, the drooping, torn rubber looks very sad. 😧

Metro Moulded Rubber doesn't seem to show anything for this. I'm wondering if another fabricator has anything useful.

TIA

Lewis  try   J and J auto wreakers---Ohio    100% feed back

have 97 Riviera parts there for last  month,  very good and reliable ,

i have purchased from them in the past.-----go to this forum  junk yards    march 19 2023. ph number.

Thanks, guys.

Jim, I've got two out of four with the rubber hanging. I could try something like trim adhesive, I guess. Might be worth a try vs replacing otherwise good looking trim (for other pieces which might not as mine). Thanks for the suggestion.

Wayne, thanks for the pointer. I may just contact them. As luck would have it, while it's the rubber problem up front, the driver's side rear is marred. If I can swing a deal for all four wheels to have decent spares on hand, even if Jim's suggestion works for me for now, might not be a bad thing, as these parts are getting really hard to find. (I had to track down an entire steering column for a turn signal yoke a couple of years ago.)

Similar situation with body side moldings on the last RWD Roadmasters.  If weatherstrip adhesive doesn't work, or the rubber is already missing, some have removed the rubber and replaced it with appropriately sized vinyl striping tape.

Edited by EmTee (see edit history)

Great suggestion!

Thanks

Edit: I don't know why this rubber - like fender welting, back in the day - was just not made a separate part. That's the factory for you.

Edited by LewisR
added mention of fender welting being separately available (see edit history)