‘84 Riv leveling parts - where to buy?

RobbyG84Riv

Hello, new here. Inherited an ‘84 T/Type that has not ran in 20 years. I’d call it a solid 2 car.  However my friend and I, in pulling the Riv out of the barn broke the little white rod-like device that connects up above the left side of the axle.  So, when powering the Caron for the first time the  auto leveling system kept rising; bad for the blood pressure! I disconnected the ground to the leveling system and it stopped luckily in time.  So, my question; please tell me where I can find a replacement part?  

TIA, 

Rob in Nor Cal

IMG_7451.jpeg

IMG_7450.jpeg

IMG_7449.jpeg

When the “car leveling” lamp comes on can you hear the compressor rn?  If the compressor is bad, I’d suggest doing to your car what I did to mine.  I installed cargo coils and regular shocks.  Completely eliminating the air ride.  I liked it better than a working leveling system.  I got all the parts from Rock Auto.  This was a few years ago. I wools assume the same parts are still available.

Rivnut, yes I can hear it running.  Car has 59K on it.  Once the gremlins are taken care of I will go the Bringatrailer.com route with it. Only other issues I have that I know of are the trans temp sensor needs replacing, as well as the gas tank.  Hoping fuel lines are ok.  

In the mean time, you can secure that level (on the height sensor) in the "normal ride height" position so the compressor only runs long enough to put the min pressure into the air shocks, then cuts off as it perceives the ride height is where it needs to be.

NTX5467

I fixed the Autoride height sensor link on my Suburban with some threaded rod and little Heim joints from Amazon.  They have lots to choose from, as they're used for radio-controlled model cars.

image.jpeg.243508847aef66d76519700c8148af07.jpeg

Edited by EmTee
added photo (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2