1920 Hudson super six coupe

1920 Coupe

31 minutes ago, DFeeney said:

I would contact John Smeltzer,  He is a helpful person and has early 20's Hudsons parts.  He in in NC.    jsmeltzer37@gmail.com

Thanks for the kind words Don. 

and yes I have a few extra 22-25 Hudson parts.

John

13 hours ago, 1920 Coupe said:

Do you have a 6 hole driveshaft?

1920 Hudson super six coupe. 

Thanks 

I have the one I removed from my Hudson from when I made parts to adapt a modern driveshaft. ( see picture above) I wasn’t able to find parts to service it. that’s why I made parts to put a modern driveshaft in my Hudson.
I have been playing around with my 1925 Hudson for about 10 years now. I have found that it is very difficult to find parts for 20s Hudsons.

John

I have a spare complete Hudson front axle - 1922(?), and just had a machinist remanufacture and re-fit the Kingpins, Thrust washers, and bushings -

completely fitted, and includes hubs and bearings - (wheel spokes are bad)

...   then learned it would not fit to replace the one for my 1915 Hudson.

This is available for anyone who may need it -

Please contact me - PM is best

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)

On 2/15/2024 at 8:23 AM, JohnS25 said:

I have the one I removed from my Hudson from when I made parts to adapt a modern driveshaft. ( see picture above) I wasn’t able to find parts to service it. that’s why I made parts to put a modern driveshaft in my Hudson.
I have been playing around with my 1925 Hudson for about 10 years now. I have found that it is very difficult to find parts for 20s Hudsons.

John

What is wrong with the Hudson driveshaft you have? How long is it? Would you sell it?

Thanks

1 hour ago, 1920 Coupe said:

What is wrong with the Hudson driveshaft you have? How long is it? Would you sell it?

Thanks

The universal joints are worn out and it is bent. I don’t think it is repairable 

what part of the country are you located ?

33 minutes ago, JohnS25 said:

The universal joints are worn out and it is bent. I don’t think it is repairable 

Mpls. Mn.

I have the front u-joint. There's a yoke sticking out with 10 splines inside the tube.

2 hours ago, 1920 Coupe said:

Mpls. Mn.

I have the front u-joint. There's a yoke sticking out with 10 splines inside the tube.

Could you send me that picture of your Hudson driveshaft, again. I have your comment, but no picture, anymore.

Thanks

On 2/18/2024 at 4:57 PM, JohnS25 said:

Are you interested in selling your drivershaft?

On 2/23/2024 at 5:50 PM, 1920 Coupe said:

Are you interested in selling your drivershaft?

Sorry, but no

The driveshaft I have is absolutely junk, not repairable , 

no useable parts, and the wheelbase is deferent, I don’t want to sell/ ship scrap metal. 
I am just trying to show you how to get past the obstacle of a part that is not serviceable and no longer available. A good driveshaft shop would be able to make you adapters similar to what I have made and make you a custom built driveshaft .

John

• Like 1

On 2/26/2024 at 7:51 AM, JohnS25 said:

Sorry, but no

The driveshaft I have is absolutely junk, not repairable , 

no useable parts, and the wheelbase is deferent, I don’t want to sell/ ship scrap metal. 
I am just trying to show you how to get past the obstacle of a part that is not serviceable and no longer available. A good driveshaft shop would be able to make you adapters similar to what I have made and make you a custom built driveshaft .

John

Thanks,

That was my plan. Before I thought I might find an original driveshaft.

• Like 1