First Drive 1926 Coupe

Akstraw

Brought this car to life yesterday for the first time since the early nineties.  Reverse is a little sketchy; otherwise everything works quite well.  Fun day!

IMG_0035.jpg

• Like 7

On 2/3/2024 at 8:42 AM, Akstraw said:

Brought this car to life yesterday for the first time since the early nineties.  Reverse is a little sketchy; otherwise everything works quite well.  Fun day!

IMG_0035.jpg

That always feels good, I really like the T's and in the last year have had that little voice inside saying "go get one".  I like the Center doors, Doctor's Coupe's, early brass stuff.  So many choices since tons of them are still around.  Have you had this for a long time and just woke it up, or did you just get it?  

12 hours ago, John Bloom said:

Have you had this for a long time and just woke it up, or did you just get it?  

I appreciate your interest.  I got it back in November ‘23 from a dormant collection that was being dissolved.  It hasn’t been my priority project, but I have managed to go through it little by little since.  I was at the point where I knew it was going to start, run, and drive.  We had an unusually nice day, so I went for it!  I think the reverse issue was a loose band.  The linings look pretty good, so I tightened it up a little.  Still need to test that out.

• Like 1

Learning to drive a T was a bucket list item for me.  When this one came available both locally and reasonably priced, I had to jump on it.  And hey, electric start to boot!

Edited by Akstraw
Added info (see edit history)