Do you like to see some pics of my 1912 Caddy?

ThomasBorchers

Hi, dear DFers.<BR>Do you would like to see some photos of my 1912 Cadillac? Klick here: <A HREF="http://www.vintage-automobile.de/Autos_zum_Kaufen/messing/Cadillac1912/cadillac1912.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.vintage-automobile.de/Autos_zum_Kaufen/messing/Cadillac1912/cadillac1912.html</A> and you will see some.<P>Tom<P>------------------<BR>Thomas Borchers<BR>Member of AACA # 004829<BR>HCCA and MAFCA

Guest rcirilli

That's a beautiful car. I plan to have something like that in my future one day. I resently looked at a 1908 Buick Model 10 but it's a little smaller than I really want. If I leap it'll be for what I really want.<p>[This message has been edited by rcirilli (edited 11-05-2000).]

Great photos - if you bring the car to Hershey and it does not sell right away I suspect rcirrili or myself will be able to store it for a year or so!!<P>By the way I sent Thomas a Hershey wooden nickle so he'll know what dates we expect to see him in the future. Now if he can just get that euro stuff corrected.

Thomas, Believe me when I say I understand your fascination with San Francisco and California. I went through high school and college there (graduated from Berkeley), but your '12 Caddy would have a safer home down here in the south, which by the way you should consider visiting next time you come over. By the way Sally and I are talking about a possible visit with you at home next year. Would like to see your cars first hand.

Ron, There are lots of quiet country roads literally minutes away from the bustle of Silicon Valley. Nice weather year round too.<P>I am not sure how many other brass era cars are about, but there is a good contingent of Model T Ford types that have a very active touring schedule.<P>I think a 1912 Cadillac would be right at home here. Unfortunately my garage is full. Maybe if I keep working on my wife, I could get her to park outside. smile.gif<P>Tod

Ron~~<BR>You are always invited to see our collection here!<BR>You see, I am looking for a nice person who would like to store an old car for me for a while. As you know I would like to make some time the Red Rock Tour or the Glidden Tour. This year I had the chance to make the Red Rock Tour because one person was ill or so but my Cadillac was already on the ship. Maybe in two years. I hope that I can have some time a place where I could store perhaps a Model A which I can use when I am in USA or to store an other car before I can or want to ship it.<P>Tom

Mr. Borchers, I have a pair of sidelights that appear to match the ones on your car. Would you like to see a picture of them to help me make a positive ID? Contact me via e-mail, jgp400@cs.com. Your Cadillac is a very beautiful car!

Tod~~<BR>The Red Rock Tour is a tour only for pre1914 cars. I think it is a 4 weeks tour with 3 weeks traveling with the cars. If am correct they traveled with their cars around 2000 miles. It's a strong tour and it needs a powerful car. This year it was in New Mexico and two years ago it was in Utah. 2 years ago I met the cars just after the Zion National Park. I think that means that the cars climbed up the hill in Zion.<BR>Is this correct Jim, if you are here?<P>Tom