Looking for Marvel Schebler carb model e or d45 for 1919 Buick h45 six cylinder.

I own a 1919 Buick h45 six cylinder car. It runs and drives, no problem. Currently has a Marvel Schebler tractor carb on it. I need a Marvel automobile carb. Anything out there? What I need is in the picture attached. Thanks

IMG_3361.jpeg

Jon is 100% correct. He is the carb king! The 1918 and newer ones are quite a bit different in construction. The main body is a iron casting on the 1918 and up version. Only the float bowl is a brass casting. They look very similar otherwise, just a 2 piece body rather than one piece like in your photo.

The other difference is that 1918 onward the intake of the carb is machined to take a big hot air stove and a rotary valve. Stove is cast iron and valve is aluminum. These days the hot air provision isn't really needed unless you are using your car in cold conditions. Which very few owners do . But it is a correct part for the year. Harder to find than the Carb. itself.

So 2 piece construction and a assembly of one iron casting and one smaller brass casting. 

I have one or two of them , but I have no idea of where they are at the moment. I moved last summer and all my spare parts are packed up in boxes. About 100 or more boxes. Finding anything at the moment is almost impossible.

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)

Was waiting to give others a chance.

If you are still looking when it warms up, contact me. I am showing 3 in my inventory.

I know where mine are, they are in an unheated warehouse, and the current temp is a negative 6 degrees F.

Jon

• Like 1

Jon, I feel your pain……..we have 12 inches of sunshine here today………😎

IMG_1776.png

• Haha 1