Alex J's 1956 Buick Super Riviera 56R 2D Hartop Coupe.

Hello Folks, I am starting a Frame Off full restoration project on my recently purchased in the subject mentioned Buick. I have contacted RTRW supplier about the topic but they as myself are not sure about the exact amount of body to chassis rubber mounts should I order. As you can see in the attached screen shot there is a couple of types one round and another square shaped. Do any of you guys happen to know how many of each type (round & squares) should I order in order to replace the whole body to chassis rubber mounts?... Thanks in advance for your kindly support. 

IMG_2716.PNG

On 1/9/2024 at 2:56 PM, lancemb said:

It will be awhile before you need the new ones.  I'd recommend pulling the body off to see exactly what you have and ensure you get the correct ones also.

Thanks Lancemb, since I cannot be certainly sure if those mounts were ever changed or misplaced, I just want to make sure to properly doing it this time. The Buick shop manual says it should be one of each type (one round & one square) in every chassis mounting hole, but I haven't been able to just corroborate that info for a fact.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ajazataaca said:

Thanks Lancemb, since I cannot be certainly sure if those mounts were ever changed or misplaced, I just want to make sure to properly doing it this time. The Buick shop manual says it should be one of each type (one round & one square) in every chassis mounting hole, but I haven't been able to just corroborate that info for a fact.

Dang, man!   If one does not believe the manual,  what does one believe?

Ben

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

Dang, man!   If one does not believe the manual,  what does one believe?

Ben

Thanks Ben, it is actually not about believing or not in the manual, but its info is also very limited and ambiguous. I have been also told by some other owner his chassis only has round pieces in some holes while square just underneath the trunk area. So, that's why I want to make sure to get this puzzle solved by some experienced people before ordering the wrong pieces for my particular application in order to doing it correct and accurately this time.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2024 at 12:10 PM, ajazataaca said:

Thanks Ben, it is actually not about believing or not in the manual, but its info is also very limited and ambiguous. I have been also told by some other owner his chassis only has round pieces in some holes while square just underneath the trunk area. So, that's why I want to make sure to get this puzzle solved by some experienced people before ordering the wrong pieces for my particular application in order to doing it correct and accurately this time.

I've had similar issues figuring this out with a very few cars I've done this too. I've ended up doing what previous poster suggested, and deciding what is there and replacing them with new ones, and shimming as nec to get a good fit onto the frame.

I've wondered if the various factories used different body pads depending upon the local availability.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Buicknutty said:

I've had similar issues figuring this out with a very few cars I've done this too. I've ended up doing what previous poster suggested, and deciding what is there and replacing them with new ones, and shimming as nec to get a good fit onto the frame.

I've wondered if the various factories used different body pads depending upon the local availability.

Absolutely!!!... I totally agree, and according to my visual inspection I did underneath the car, it does require one of each type in every whole of the chassis, one square on top and one round bellow. Thanks for your kind attention, Sr... 

• Like 1