I found the 65 A/C compressor decals I had made

Seafoam65

I recently had an inquiry about the correct Frigidaire decals I had

made for my 65 Riviera. I could not supply one because I was unable to find them but I just found them in the trunk of my car. there are two decals on the 65 Buick compressors. On the top of the compressor towards the rear is a silver and black Frigidaire decal which lists the correct freon charge for a Riviera and the serial no. for the compressor. The repros available for these are incorrect and the serial no. box is left blank. I had exact repros of the Frigidaire sticker made including the original serial no. that was on my Riviera's  original compressor. The black and orange Caution decals are available online and are totally correct. To finish off your compressor you will need to buy a Buick "OK" stamp and stamp the top right side of the compressor with yellow paint using the "OK" stamp.I have several of these

Frigidaire decals available for sale if anybody desires them for $10.00. Here is a pic of where the decals are located on the compressor.....

DSCN0101.JPG

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Seafoam65 said:

you will need to buy a Buick "OK" stamp and stamp the top right side of the compressor with yellow paint using the "OK" stamp.

I'm in envy of your engine bay, very nice!

For my '63, I have only the "Buick OK" stamp. No decals as far as I know.

I've noticed long ago the 1964 and 65 1st gen Riviera having a longer compressor discharge line with a loop. This must have something to do with a pulsating resonance maybe? The '63 Service Bulletins had some work-around regarding a complaint in this area if I recall correctly.

Again, excellent job down to detailing to OE!

Edited by XframeFX (see edit history)