Grand National Awards

1967 Red Deville

So I am trying to understand this , If your car has won a Senior award ,you can then bring it to a Grand National show with the hopes of winning an award 

350 or higher get a standard preservation (you get a plate for your board)

But for partisapation awards 

First- Second -Third do they all get a blue grill badge or only first place gets a grill badge like it was with a junior award

As always thank you in advance for your information 

I looked thru the judging manaul but I just could not find the answer to this. I am not saying its not there ,I just could not find it 

Larry 

I added a picture of my car and a fellow I met at the Hamilton NY show to prove they wont melt if left in the rain. I am hoping he is going to follow me to NC for the grand Nationals In April 

A1354BC0-EF1C-41CB-A751-C958ABDE1389.jpeg

Only the First Place Grand National winners receive the blue grill badge.  Second and Third place winners (as well as Preservation) winners will continue to compete for the First Place Grand National.  Once the First Place Grand National award is received you move to the Senior Grand National category.

Remember, Charlotte this year is Dual Nationals with the GN on Friday and the National on Saturday.  You will need to register for both shows with two registrations if you plan on attending the National as well.

• Like 1

Larry,

You are correct that a car needs to have won a Senior Award at a National before it can advance to a Grand National Meet.  As 61polara stated, only the First Place Grand National winners receive the blue grill badge.  

I copied the attachement from the 2023 Judges Guidelines.  It is in the Appendix towards the back of the guidelines.  This shows the points needed to achieve the awards.  Keep in mind that at the Grand National level there is only a 5 point spread not the 10 point spread at Nationals.  Thus, if one car scores a perfect score in a class, the other vehicles in that class would need to score within 5 points of that score in order to also win a First Grand National.

Hope this helps.

Tim

AACAAwards.JPG.b8b8c73f519367f6efb34282488e5561.JPG

• Like 1

In the Nationals you have to be within 10 points of the best car in your class at that event.  So if there is a perfect score car (400) you need 390 for a first place even though you only need 365 for a first Jr or 375 for a Sr.  I assume this is true in the Grand Nationals as well so if you are going for a First Grand National and there is a perfect score car in your class, and there often is, you need 390 instead of 380 to get the first place award.  Unless there has been a rule change I am not aware of.  

Edited by Avanti Bill (see edit history)