Turning a TC for a Profit

The triple black that sold on 9/21/2023 at the Kellie's Auction in Michigan for $3,750 is now for sale on eBay for $7,500.  I wish I could turn money over that good and especially on a TC.  The pictures are interesting as the seasons change from trees fully leafed out to baron of leaves.  Could pictures from the previous sale being reused?

13 minutes ago, Garnet & Gold said:

now for sale on eBay for $7,500.  I wish I could turn money over that good and especially on a TC. 

Sadly, TCs are like Buick Reattas. Rarely do they come close to bringing the asking price on eBay. I looked at "completed listings" on eBay. There are lots of listing for TCs with big asking prices that have ended with no sale. The highest price for a TC that actually sold was $3500. It had 37,000 miles. It looks like a really nice car. It's a shame that it didn't bring more money.

1989 Chrysler TC Maserati BY MASERATI | eBay

12 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Sadly, TCs are like Buick Reattas. Rarely do they come close to bringing the asking price on eBay. I looked at "completed listings" on eBay. There are lots of listing for TCs with big asking prices that have ended with no sale. The highest price for a TC that actually sold was $3500. It had 37,000 miles. It looks like a really nice car. It's a shame that it didn't bring more money.

1989 Chrysler TC Maserati BY MASERATI | eBay

My question is, Why do owners of TCs not drive them more miles per year? This yellow one figures to be driven only 1,088 miles a year. My TC shows just over 301,000 miles now. I wonder how much people would offer for it? I just put a little over 4,000 miles on it this past September driving it to Missouri and home. It is the greatest driving car on the road and very fuel efficient, why would I not want to own and drive a car like that, AND KEEP IT?

• Like 2

Key phrase "for sale on eBay for $7,500"

You can list them for whatever you want, but rarely do they even bring close to that.

I have been buying and selling cars for most of my life, and TC's for over a decade, and I break even on them, after my time is spent on repairs and parts.  I do it mainly because i really love these cars, and it is quite rewarding to work, restore and drive them. 

Hey, if Chrysler couldn't make any profit selling them, what chance do we have??!!

• Like 1