Riviera rectangular sign under glove box

Deadpurpledog

43 minutes ago, Deadpurpledog said:

Sure.  Here’s the part.  Still shiny with a few blemishes.  Do you have same issue and/or know of a reasonable repair?

IMG_0284.jpeg

Don't have one. Just wanted to see what it was in case I knew of someone who could restore it. I would guess that it is attached to the foam dash pad and maybe not very accessible from the backside. Just a guess. You might scroll down to the Buick section and inquire there.

See below - it is apparently from (or for) a GS, if that matters to you.  It has a few small pits (raised bumps), but not bad and they haven't broken open.  Pictures taken just as I found it; I haven't cleaned it up or tried to polish it.  Let me know if you're interested, as I will not be using it on my car, since it isn't a GS...

It appears to be secured to the glovebox door by three screws.  The plastic glovebox compartment shell needs to be removed from the door first to access the fasteners.

image.png.55cd2c751c38543982f0674ecdaf6cb8.png

image.png.af32e81846275b8291530d1a7fcd3d5d.png

image.png.213d1191e2ace40899ba579f544fbc4b.png

image.png.01842d0b800c5d67b4dc62fae9c5e038.png

image.png.92b98877d98f308974ff875fbc07af76.png

Edited by EmTee (see edit history)
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Deadpurpledog said:

Did 67’s have GS on plaque, please?

I don't know for certain, but @JZRIV likely does.  It's academic, however, if your car isn't a GS.  What is wrong with yours?  If the metal is badly pitted or broken you might be able to transfer the woodgrain applique' from yours to the metal plate I have.  The offer stands; let me know if you decide that you want it.