Dissembling headlights 1919 Chandler have question

erichill

Not sure how to remove the black ring. No screws holding it.  Do they unscrew? I don't want to damage them. Right now I have sprayed PB Blaster into the backside of the  rings to let that soak as i am sure no matter how they are connect they are corroded together.  If it helps the bezels say Spreadlight on them.

Thanks

Eric

IMG_1935.jpg

IMG_1932.jpg

IMG_1936.jpg

Eric I looked in the Series 25 Parts Manual and they are listed as seperate parts which leads me to believe they were serviceable by the owner. I cannot compare them to mine as they have a retaining screw on the bottom that allows you to loosen the ring to remove them. I would assume that these "snap" on and off. 

20 hours ago, 29 Chandler said:

Eric I looked in the Series 25 Parts Manual and they are listed as seperate parts which leads me to believe they were serviceable by the owner. I cannot compare them to mine as they have a retaining screw on the bottom that allows you to loosen the ring to remove them. I would assume that these "snap" on and off. 

Yes I will try to let the penetrating oil do its thing before attempting to unscrew or knock off.  They look pretty sturdy so hoping some light blows with a rubber maillot do it.