1990 Black/tan convertible FS

Barney Eaton

Lady called me from the NC coast saying her husband had passed last Feb and she has this car sitting in the garage and it needs a home. 

They have owned it for several years and it  has been treated well.   I have not seen the car and only know it has 97K miles.  

I suggested from her description that the car should be worth around 10K.     I also told her if she was approached by a dealer they would only  

offer wholesale or less.         If you have an interest PM me and I will get you in touch with her. 

Reatta convertibles have been increasing in price.  $10K is reasonable IMO.  97K miles is a drop in the bucket as these cars last well over 200K if maintained properly.

• 2 weeks later...

Dave, I don't see the proof that Reatta convertibles with 100,000 miles are selling for $10,000 +.  We all agree that 100,000 is not particularly low mileage in a Reatta convertible or coupe. My 1990 Driftwood convertible was purchased for $4,500 and failed to maintain that when sold on eBay for $3700, with 110,000 miles and a 4 inch binder of receipts and a new convertible top. 

I had a Red/Tan 1990 convertible that had 214,000 miles on it and the guy that purchased it drove it back to Texas from Iowa. 

But - in trying to entice a previous non owner of a Reatta convertible, as a start to an ownership relationship, 100,000 is a lot.  It's not low mileage.  Reattas require a lot of maintenance. The owners that do those maintenance and repairs generally take better care of their cars - witness this car and it's nice appearance.   

I no longer follow Reatta pricing trends, and Marck seldom comes on this forum to comment, but it would be nice to hear his opinion on pricing.  

The last I did look at Reattas, especially convertibles, pricing was well below $10,000 for cars with mileage from 60,000 to 95,000.  

• Like 1