1920s Bausch and Lomb Star headlight

kramaton

For what it may be worth, the "STAR" designation was added for 1926 and newer, at least on Pierce-Arrows, and is said to indicate a change to the flutes/prisms of prior B&L headlights (for Pierce, 1920/21).  The glass diameter is often marked on B&L lenses at the bottom (6 o'clock) but may be hidden by the retaining ring of the headlight (e.g., 9-1/4), again from Pierce experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That is a Head Light on a Chrysler 1924 B70, 1925 B70, 1926 G70 and possibly the Chrysler Sixty for the same years. Part of 6 Volt cable plug appears to be in 

the recessed electrical socket. The round cable plug with the cable attached  is inserted into the socket, pushed into the socket approx 1/2" and then rotated

approx 30m degrees to lock it in place to make contact with the bottom of the socket.  I can provide photos of the can internal components. I have not before 

seen the recessed ring of the nickel plated lens retaining ring - being  blacked  out like the one in the photos. Other folks may know about that. The lights on

my 1926 G70 coach (built Oct 1925/ titled in Nov 1925) Those retaining Rings were not blacked out but one of the 2 rings on the 2 original unrestored head-

lights I acquired is blacked out as shown in the above photos.( they must have come off two different models).  Maybe someone can shed some light on that. 

Hope this info helps. Cricket

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1