For Sale: 1965 Mercury Monterey 2dr Sedan - $8,650 - Tracy, CA - Not Mine

For Sale: 1965 Mercury Monterey 2dr Sedan - $8,650 - Tracy, CA

1965 Mercury Monterey for sale by owner - Tracy, CA - craigslist
Seller's Description:

Selling my rare 1965 Mercury Monterey. Only 5775 were made of this model. Runs and drives great. 390 c.i. V8 with 4-barrel carburetor runs excellent and delivers plenty of power. This is a good running, unrestored classic, however motor is believed to have been rebuilt. Unfortunately, I don’t have documents to verify. Automatic trnsmission also runs and shifts with no issues.  This is an AC car. Virtually rust free with no cancer. Nice dual exhaust, LED headlights, straight bumpers, new spark plugs, brakes and master cylinder, and new starter.
Paint will shine beautifully when detailed. There is one dent on top of each of the front fenders near windshield and a small dent on hood.  Interior needs a modest amount of work to make real nice. My upholsterer estimates $750.  I would say my car is in good condition. Less than Very Good, but better than Fair. Not much needed to take it to the next level.  I may have the needed upholstery done, maybe service the AC, and possibly have dents fixed and paint reconditioned before getting the car detailed. 2 0 9. 78 7. 0 307. I’m asking only $8650 now. Price will increase if interior and paint are done.
Copy and paste in your email: 923dcc7178f239c6814fab61053c0f2d@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1965 Mercury Monterey 2dr Sedan.  But I do wonder if this was a fleet-spec'd car.

'65 Mercury Monterey CA a.jpg

'65 Mercury Monterey CA b.jpg

'65 Mercury Monterey CA c.jpg

'65 Mercury Monterey CA d.jpg

'65 Mercury Monterey CA e.jpg

'65 Mercury Monterey CA f.jpg

'65 Mercury Monterey CA g.jpg

'65 Mercury Monterey CA h.jpg

'65 Mercury Monterey CA i.jpg

I try to force myself to be positive, but a set of wheels like that are very hard to see past. How do sellers not know this? Along with the minimum effort aftermarket trim hokum, the thing screams "I live in a trailer park!" Which is too bad because these were/are very nice looking cars.