Help with rear wood spoke wheel hubs, identification and other questions. Looks like Buick.

GCamp0

I have 2 rear wooden spoke wheel hubs with seal/bearing retainers, bearings and brake drums. I'm trying to nail down what year and model these belong to. My research on these shows them belonging to Buick, in the area of the late teens to early 20's.

They have single Hyatt type roller bearings, with threaded bearing retainers, with locking tabs and felt seals. Another question I have is, how do you remove the outer race from the hub, since there is no relief machined into the hub for puller jaws or drifting? Any info is appreciated. I've included some pics. 

Greg

20231016_170534.jpg

20231108_170644.jpg

20231108_170653.jpg

20231108_170710.jpg

They look like rear wheel hubs from 1926 to 1928 Buick Master.   The defining feature is the contour of the neck from the flange to the threads.

I have never been able to remove the bearings and I doubt you will be able to do it.  You have to find a machine shop to do it.

Fortunately the seem to never wear out.

Thank you for the info Fred. I don't actually have a use for these, but I have quite a bit of antique car and truck parts that I would like to make available for sale to people in need, and some of them I'm still working on identifying.

Greg

Mine are soaking at this time. Once I get them cleaned up, I'll post new pictures. I can say the rollers on mine are fewer, narrower and larger diameter. It would be nice if there were some online universal cross reference you could enter numbers into to find out bearing manufacturer company names and vehicle applications.