1989 CRT Screen

89reattaWI

In my 1989 Buick Reatta the CRT screen has a line in the middle. I can sometimes switch the menus but its usually stuck on status. The brightness of the line changes when i could switch menus. Noises were also audible when i touched the screen.

What could the problem be?

There is a Reatta forum in the BCA (Buick Club of America) topics just down this forum's Antique Automobile Discussion page (you are in General Discussion now). Many Reatta specific answers are to be found there, or at least others with similar issues and solutions.

8 hours ago, 89reattaWI said:

I let my last post sit there for a few days and nobody replied so I’m hoping people see this and have some advice to share.

The reason why no one has responded is that you are asking the same people over on the Reatta Owners Journal.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2023 at 5:54 PM, DAVES89 said:

The reason why no one has responded is that you are asking the same people over on the Reatta Owners Journal.

I don’t see the problem with asking multiple sources.

On 10/20/2023 at 11:55 AM, rogold99 said:

I would guess the CRT needs replacement. Sounds like the vertical circuit has gone out, which would cause the CRT to display all the data in a horizontal line.

Thank you for insight rogold. I’ll look into that.