1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS

Here is my 1986 Monte Carlo SS that I purchase new in August of 1986. I never really thought of it as a collector car, it was always kept in the garage and I had my 1969 Impalas that I always referred as my antiques. But since it's now over 37 years old, I guess it's time to consider it a " collector car". I just participated in the HPOF class at Hershey.

( photo credit: Richard Lentinello )

Steve

image.png.06495fd993b7f165b7d66a8fefde4eaf.png

• Like 10

21 minutes ago, Model56s said:

Nice e ample Steve. How many miles do you have on it? Any quality issues?

Thanks Model56s, the Monte Carlo has 27,000 miles on it. No quality issues that I can think of, I know GM had paint issues back then, but since it's been garage and cover, the paint is holding up fine. My brother had a GMC Jimmy, it was blue / silver.... the paint was coming off. The dealership was aware of the paint issues and they ended up painting his truck.

Steve

For some reason I did in realize or remember those were built on the same body as the Malibu, Regal, Skylark and Cutlass.  

I don't remembers seeing any of them at car shows.....  and that was about the time they did the big back window version (SS) for Nascar. 

Very nice example thanks for posting the picture. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Barney Eaton said:

Very nice example thanks for posting the picture. 

Thanks Barney....There were a few of those Aerocoupes at the Hershey Show....1986 was the first year, only 200 were made in white only, the following year, over 6000 and different colors were available. One of the owners of the Aerocoupes came over to talk, she could not believe how much more trunk space I had compared to her Aerocoupe.