72 electra 225 2dr 7.5l

blue225

Very possibly "no kit" for a Big Buick, per se.  Might have to look several places and possibly for a Oldsmobile 98 or Cadillac DeVille, although the deck lid weatherstrip could be for a Chevy.  Check the roof rail shape and length as they could very well be the same as the other large-body full-size Olds and Cadillacs.  Very possibly the same for the door weatherstrips (on the doors).  The deck lid weatherstrip would most probably be "roll goods" so "cut to length".  A good place to start would be Steele Rubber.

What is the general condition of the weatherstrips on your car?  What condition are the ends and such on the roof rail items?  Might need them in order to glue "roll goods" straight pieces to them is the reason I inquired.  IF you had a Chevy Impala or Caprice, the roof rail and door weatherstrips might be easier to find, typically.

Take care,

NTX5467

@sebastienbuick has recently been working through rubber and seal replacement on his '69 Electra restoration.  You can scan through his restoration thread at the link below and see where he sourced pieces for his car.  I think some pieces were unavailable as direct replacements and he had to make what is available work.

Here's the link: https://forums.aaca.org/topic/278323-restore-my-buick-electra-1969/page/39/#comment-2580737

SAM_8276.JPG.a046e01861c81261591b89a9533

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello, yes for my Electra 1969 I have a " weatherstrip " (called a window cleaner in France) I didn't find anything, there is no manufacturer of the original model.
So I found a model to adapt at Rubber the right way  :)

https://www.rubbertherightway.com/i-30505639-weatherstrip-also-called-window-sweeps-felts-or-fuzzies-pair-of-38-strips-outer-5-8-tall.html

• Thanks 1