Glass Stoplight Lens Stimsonite, Need ID

TexRiv_63

That is the center light that has the clear license light that either lights up ('33) or down ('31-32) on the license.  Maybe the 2 notches are to make it universal because you would have to rotate the light 180 degrees to light "UP" vs "Down"

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Here is a satisfying follow-up to this thread. Based on the responses identifying this as being for a 33 Pierce Arrow I contacted a friend of mine who HAS a 12 cylinder 1933 Club Sedan to confirm. He did confirm the ID based on another 33 car, but said he was looking for a lens like I had as his taillight had three of the fluted red stoplight lenses. After checking dimensions I gifted the lens to him, much preferring helping complete an actual car to a few bucks on Ebay. He just mounted it and sent me this photo. He is still looking for the correct outboard clear backup light lens, if anyone has a lead on one please send me a PM. 

image0 (004).jpeg

• Like 3

There was an eBay seller that had them in sets of three last year, he had two or three different sales in May of 2022 where I was finally able to get the clear one for my 31 along with spares for the other two cups. I asked if he had any singles of that clear one and he said no. They were on the pricey side but if he had a second clear one I planned on adding a RH taillight for safety… 

Before finding those I had a set of similar lenses that were cut down from larger diameter ones and I setup a thrust bearing and valve grinder cup in my drill press and used diamond files with water to shape the edge enough to fit the rims correctly. I didn’t have a picture of the clear one but it looks okay from 20 feet. When I get home next week I’ll try to remember and get a picture of the back up one.

IMG_0230.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1