100,000 or more NOS vintage auto parts: Toohey warehouse

JamesR

I just saw this video on What the Rust, a youtube old car channel I enjoy watching now and then. Richard and Christina tour this defunct warehouse that's going to be cleared out and repurposed. The occupants need to liquidate all the old car parts. The Toohey company was apparently in the Kentucky and Ohio River valley area and went out of business around the year 2000. Why they just left all the parts on location back then, I have no idea. Who is actually selling the parts, I have no idea. There's a contact phone number for the parts person in the description section of the video. I have no idea about the veracity of the claims from the seller of the parts, just thought it might be of interest to some folks here.  Video posted 4 days ago.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, old car fan said:

Looks like over.

According to whom? I just called the number I referenced in my previous post (it's 1-502-664-2778) and he said there's a lot of stuff and it's still for sale. I'm going to send them a pic to see if they have a power steering pump for my old FE. I checked online and there was apparently an auction in July, so that might be what you're referring to, but it's hard to know without any explanation.

Like I said the auction has taken place, but the video I posted isn't about the auction. Yes, the inventory system will be a challenge, but for people who live in the area it could be a good source for smaller parts. Or not. When I talked to the guy he said they still have tons of parts like air filters distributor caps rotors etc. Definitely caveat emptor, though.

Sounds like a gold mine of well made ignition condensers. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I called Glenn  in August. He asked me to make a list, which I did- 2 pages worth with the part numbers. He had me take photos & text to him. Completed that and then never heard back. Texted & called him two more times, never heard- I was even willing to help find the stuff and pick up. Do NOT waste your efforts with this guy

Edited by OdieKat (see edit history)

It is a lot of work. A ft end and brake warehouse was getting rid of all the old stock. I was about 15 years old. I put the part numbers on Hemmings and got some funny responses. someone would have me send one, remember you could not email a pic. After they got it they would call back and want to buy all I had. I made some good money for a 15 year old and some people got some great deals as I did not want to take the time to figure out what the stuff was.