Aetna's Automobile Show - 1935 - Pierce Arrow & others

I am listing this separate rather then with the 'Memorabilia to view' that I started because it needs more attention and can possibly help researchers. In the mid 1930s the Aetna Insurance company issued booklets on new cars available for the current year. This booklet is 4 x 8 1/2 inches and has 64 pages! covers all the current USA made cars  30 different makes from Auburn to Willys. Pretty neat item It lists very brief specs and it seems that the illustrations are mostly from factory sales literature and possibly factory photos. For all of you who think you have seen everything here is possibly something that you have not.  Yes I like to share what I have in my archives .

In doing research for stories/articles I stumble upon material I knew I had but haven't looked at in some years - decades. I am pleasantly reminded of the fact I have some really cool odd stuff. Glad AACA is receptive , some clubs are not...........................

Walt

AETna1935bookletcover.jpg

AETNAPierceArrow.jpg

PIERCEarrow1935V12sedanAetna.jpg

• Like 6

One of the cars in that 1935 Aetna book is sitting right behind me as I type this…………🤫

I bought the identical booklet in Hershey back in the mid 80’s when no one wanted non factory literature. Today that piece is hard to find…….and fairly expensive. 

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 3

I cherish items like this as it tells the broad picture of how cars were embraced when new. What was deemed important for the public to see, that if combined with other historical facts gives us a great view into that particular era on a number of fore fronts.  Some of us into the cars , seek the obscure - have for decades ( as Ed notes) so does that make us odd too? Are Ed and I and some of our cronies ( when was the last time you read that obscure term) ODD? 

• Like 2