New Member Introduction.

Hello everyone!!!… I am Glad to be the latest member of this Buick community & proud new owner of a 56 Buick Super Riviera 2D Hardtop Coupe. Looking forward the learning curve process from more experienced owners then this newbie... Cheers!!!

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, swab said:

Welcome, I am a new Buick owner myself although I have and do own other old cars.

Well, thanks swab and let's be both Welcome then... LOL!!!... What Buick did you just get?... Hope we can learn and share our new Buick experience together... 

I traded a blunderbuss I built for a 1929 Opera or is it Victoria Coupe.  Basically a coupe with a back seat and trunk instead of rumble seat.

IMG_2023-07-11-10-57-18-347.jpg

Just remember for everyone who says "this or that isn't original/correct" there is someone else who will say "this or that need to be changed/improved."  It's YOUR car, do what you want with it as you are the person who will live with it.  On mine I will be setting it up as a tow car for the speedster, full 1920's rig!

Disclaimer.  Wives usually aren't happy so trying to please them often is a fools errand

4 minutes ago, swab said:

Just remember for everyone who says "this or that isn't original/correct" there is someone else who will say "this or that need to be changed/improved."  It's YOUR car, do what you want with it as you are the person who will live with it.  On mine I will be setting it up as a tow car for the speedster, full 1920's rig!

Disclaimer.  Wives usually aren't happy so trying to please them often is a fools errand

Absolutely my friend, 100%. There are Lovers & Unfortunately haters too everywhere. We are looking for the first ones for sure. Hope we can support to each-other throughout the learning process. Cheers!!!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ajazataaca said:

Absolutely my friend, 100%. There are Lovers & Unfortunately haters too everywhere. We are looking for the first ones for sure. Hope we can support to each-other throughout the learning process. Cheers!!!

Thank you NC-car-guy... 🙂

23 minutes ago, JohnD1956 said:

That Super is a great road car. I hope you can find the confidence to drive it.  I'd be glad to share my experience if you need any help. 

Thanks, JohnD1956. Since I do want to give its glorious days back to this car just being a newbie to the Buick world, I will actually NEED all the help I can get from the more experienced fellows like yourself. So, I am adding my e-mail address here for you and all other fellows willing to help me out on this ambitious project. alexanderaz2004@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance for your kindly attention, 

Better than your e mail, start a topic in the Me and My Buick section of these forums.  You will be able to make a post there and any member can respond.  Sometimes quicker than all other media sources combined.  

feel free to post pictures of your car there.  

• Like 4

18 hours ago, JohnD1956 said:

Better than your e mail, start a topic in the Me and My Buick section of these forums.  You will be able to make a post there and any member can respond.  Sometimes quicker than all other media sources combined.  

feel free to post pictures of your car there.  

Thanks, JohnD1956. Will do so... 😉 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ajazataaca said:

Thanks, JohnD1956. Will do so... 😉

It's also a great way to keep track of everything you've done to the car.  I have a thread over there on my '38 Century and I refer back to it from time to time in order to refresh my memory on when I did a particular repair or maintenance task.  ;)

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, EmTee said:

It's also a great way to keep track of everything you've done to the car.  I have a thread over there on my '38 Century and I refer back to it from time to time in order to refresh my memory on when I did a particular repair or maintenance task.  ;)

Awesome!!!... Thanks for the tip... 

Just purchased a 1928 Buick Standard 28-20. It was a frame off restoration, pristine condition, has no rust anywhere but has not been started for 15 years.  I'm testing to see if I can paste a table into this forum as step one is to replace all fluids.

Fluid type

Buick Specification

What I may try

Hydraulic shock

Delco Remy Lovejoy Shock Oil

Motorcycle fork oil 15w

Distributor lube

Vaseline

White lithium grease

Radiator coolant

Water / alcohol mix

Yellow antifreeze