2023 Divisional Tour

Wonderful week

Managed to dodge most of  the rain. Super back roads. Our MG loves those. Did ten covered bridges yesterday! Touring AACA Hq today

Will post a few more picks when I can. Great Tour!!!  It was Chris Ritters dream and he would be pleased. Thanks to everyone involved.

Terry

20230627_092551.jpg

• Like 3

It was a great week!   Got home last evening - over 1100 miles in the MG.  Not much room for antiques on the way home but I did manage to find a few goodies.  sue did ALL of the driving while I tried to navigate.  Those winding PA backroads are perfect for MGs!!!!   Congrats to the entire team who set this up.  Everything was great.  Will download a few pics later and post some.

Terry

• Like 2

A few photos from the week of un-winding the twisty PA backroads in our MG.  Certainly this is only a brief sample.  I took dozens of pictures at the Boyertown Museum alone. I did not take photos at the coal-mine museum and wished I'd done so.  Same with the pedal car museum.  So many neat examples, nicely restored too.  Note the poto of our Prez Fred Trusty.  He'd promised his wife he'd keep his hands in his pockets while touring the Eastwood facility.  Here is the proof that he is a man of his word.  I really wanted a few goodies too but just couldn't squeeze much else into the MG.   

Earliest car on the tour was a 1919 T Touring that ran everywhere without hesitation.  It tackled steep hills, curvy roads, and stayed relatively dry in some brief rains we encountered.  the Model A's kept chugging right along.   There were lots of tour veterans and some 1st-timers who promised there would be more tours on their calendar. 

As the Buzzies are fond of saying - "Touring is not a spectator sport."

Terry

Pedal car museum.jpg

More Pedal cars.jpg

A PA counry road.jpg

Cars arriving at Boyertown.jpg

Duryeas at Boyertown Automobile Museum.jpg

Old machine shop at Boyertown Automobile Museum.jpg

Sunoco station at Boyertown Auto Museum.jpg

Brewery.jpg

Another winding PA country road.jpg

Covered Bridge.jpg