For Sale: 1928 Chrysler 52 coupe - Project - $7,000 - Pueblo, CO - Not Mine - Still Available, Price Reduced to $5,900: 2-3-2024.

For Sale: 1928 Chrysler 52 coupe - Project - $7,000 - Pueblo, CO - Still Available, Price Reduced to $5,900: 2-3-2024. See New Link Below.

28 chrysler 52 coupe - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)

Seller's Description:

Original car needs gas tank replaced or repaired.
Copy and paste in your email: 5cd50508ab99385cb7a3eb2bc95d5d33@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1928 Chrysler 52 coupe.

'‘28 chrysler 52 CO a.jpg

'‘28 chrysler 52 CO b.jpg

'‘28 chrysler 52 CO c.jpg

'‘28 chrysler 52 CO d.jpg

'‘28 chrysler 52 CO e.jpg

'‘28 chrysler 52 CO f.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
double click the Dodge Victory Six -recycled this posting (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1928 Chrysler 52 coupe - Project - $7,000 - Pueblo, CO - Not Mine

Boy, these old mopars keep coming out of the woodwork (barn). Many seem (to me) to be priced  beyond what someone would reasonably spend, considering the cost of just getting them running, much less cosmetic or full restoration.      

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1928 Chrysler 52 coupe - Project - $7,000 - Pueblo, CO - Not Mine - Still Available, Price Reduced to $5,900: 2-3-2024.

The area where you thought the top is being cut off is where the seam from the top sheet metal meets the body. It should be covered by a 3/4" wide aluminum trim strip which is missing. If you look at the photo of the interior just below the rear photo you can see where the side strip ends and the rear strip should start on the left hand side. 

We had a '28 model 72 golf club coupe for some years and everything on it was similar. '28 was the last year Fisher made bodies for Chrysler. A little more research could tell if this is a Fisher body, or a Hayes body. Our 72 was a Fisher body so similar to a '28 Buick. I had to do quite a git of research on the '28 Chrysler line to get the car in a safe more functional state. The '52s came with either 2 wheel rear mechanical brakes or 4 wheel contracting Lockheed hydraulic brakes. In the engine picture you can just see the reservoir mounted on the firewall so it looks to have hydraulic brakes. That special reservoir is absolutely critical to this style of brakes. In 1929 everything Chrysler made was changed including the brakes. The 52 line became Plymouth, the 62 line became DeSoto, and the 72 stayed the Chrysler marque. Many of the DeSoto bodies, Dodge bodies, and others, were made by Budd which were all steel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"In 1929 everything Chrysler made was changed including the brakes. The 52 line became Plymouth, the 62 line became DeSoto, and the 72 stayed the Chrysler marque."

I knew about the Chrysler 52 morphing into Plymouth but wonder how WPC shuffled the deck to deal a DeSoto.

15 hours ago, TAKerry said:

If it were closer I would be game at $5k. It looks like the top had been cut off or in the process of having it done?

In a couple of days I will be listing a Model 52 coupe for a friend. Nice car, price to be determined, but reasonable.