old MOOG part numbers

BrianM

I have slop in my idler arm. I am looking for a replacement. Rare Parts makes one for about $350 so I was looking for old Moog parts instead. Found a couple listings for NOS MOOG idler arms but would like to confirm parts numbers and possibly additional parts numbers to search for

K-5181 and K-5188 

Thanks

Brian

I think I was able to confirm that both of the old moog numbers when punched into napa come back to the same 20216 Rare Parts number for only $270 from them with my AAA discount, guess I should have looked a little longer before I asked.

Don't be afraid to take the one you have apart and see what is worn. You may be able to buy a commonly available suspension piece like an idler arm or even a tie rod end to get pieces to replace internal parts.

I have done it with a center link, not a bad job if you find a friendly counterman who will let you play detective.

Brian M.,

You are fortunate, EmTee ^^^ above ^^^ summoned me to your rescue….

If you want *** N.O.S. *** U.S.A. Made *** Idler Arm and Center Link —- at more realistic pricing —- P.M. me…..

Craig…….

Unfortunately, so far, EmTee, O P has disappeared…..

• Thanks 1

I picked up a NOS moog idler arm for $50. Thanks for the help. 

Looks like the original is possibly rebuild-able, I am putting it in the spare pile. 

Found that I have a brake reaction rod bushing damaged. Anyone know where to get those?

PM'd him. I will call tomorrow when I have time if he hasn't replied 

Older posts had TelRiv selling some for 1st Gens but figured those were different. 

Can't find anything on the cars site recently 

The more accepted name is " Strut Rod Bushings " since they really have nothing to do with the brakes!!!!

And, yes, of course, I have the 1963 - 1968 Buick Full Size and Riviera Strut Rod Bushings in stock....

And, yes, of course, I have the 1969 - 1970 Buick Full Size and Riviera Strut Rod Bushings in stock....

^^^ They ^^^ are Very Very Different...

Will P.M. you next, since Emtee brought me to you, here....

Craig....

Edited by mobileparts
Autospell errors (see edit history)