Lane Steam Car for Sale

This is too cool. 

https://www.prewarcar.com/396612-lane-model-15-1909

Lane model 15 | 1909

This unique steam car is a one hundred percent original Lane, model 15 from 1909. It is a very interesting and especially different design than most steam cars. 

This is the only Lane model 15 still in existence. 

Experts say that: one of the best built steam cars of the early days of the automobile industry was the Lane, with a life span of ten years; from 1900 to 1910. In the summer of 1900, Lane had its first steam car on American roads! 

Steam is supplied by a boiler with a gas burner underneath. The burner, the boiler and the engine are the three main elements. There is also a condenser to convert the used steam back into water. In short, you never need to fill up with water. 

This Lane stood in an American museum for more than 60 years, after which it was moved to England. The previous owners hardly ever drove it. Without any knowledge of a steam car, I bought this car years ago. Together with a good friend, we got to the bottom of this car. Now it drives very well and has driven several rallies. You get a lot of attention and surprising looks with this car! 

The car is officially inspected by steam experts every two years. So the boiler comes with a boiler certificate! 

The car has many documents. To make sure that the next owner can drive this car, I will teach him or her!  

If you like the car as much as I do, don't hesitate to contact me!

lane-model-15-1905-1918-2.JPG

lane-model-15-1905-1918-3.JPG

lane-model-15-1905-1918-4.JPG

lane-model-15-1905-1918-9.JPG

lane-model-15-1905-1918-10.JPG

14 minutes ago, alsancle said:

We lost out on the Locomobile 2 weeks ago and there has been 3 cars since that I would die for including this one.  I think I sense a pattern.

AJ....buy it, I will sort it for free............

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, alsancle said:

When do you think I would get it back?

When it's worn out and needs a restoration. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, JAK said:

I'd go to Florida and apprentice under Ed in that deal.

I can teach you everything I know about a steam car if fifteen minutes…….so the schooling would be brief!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, JAK said:

Thanks Terry for posting those pictures, I do think I remember seeing it many years ago and being impressed.

I hope it gets sold to someone who will run it.

I hope so too! It's too good to hide away. 

• Like 1