VESTA magneto generator,fits what?

sagefinds

A lot of these were used on one lung stationary engines. This type of magneto-generator was used primarily with igniter fired low tension ignition engines. It generated current all the time and did not have to be timed to the engine. The timing was done with the igniter its self which worked off of the valve timing. The flyball governor kept it from over speeding as it was a flat belted unit.

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Dandy Dave said:

A lot of these were used on one lung stationary engines. This type of magneto-generator was used primarily with igniter fired low tension ignition engines. It generated current all the time and did not have to be timed to the engine. The timing was done with the igniter its self which worked off of the valve timing. The flyball governor kept it from over speeding as it was a flat belted unit.

Thanks Dave,Sounds rational.

3 hours ago, Oldtech said:

Maybe post the question over on Smokstak.com. If its for a stationary they will likely know. 

Last time I got on Smokstak I got some virus that tried to take over my computer and wanted money to get out of it. Luckily my daughter was able to get it off but I've been hesitant of trying it again.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

These were used on later 1913 Buick Model 30 and Model 31 cars, to power the electric lights and keep the battery used for the lights charged, Likely used on some other vehicles too; but know the Buick usage for sure (not on the earlier Models 30 and 31, only the later production. The oil reservoir cover was modified to hold the generator, and the vertical section of the intake manifold was modified to clear the generator.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2023 at 11:09 PM, sagefinds said:

Picked this up at Chickasha and wondering if anyone knows what it came off of. Looks like a little flyball governor on the end. It's number 10696 and patent pending. Appreciate any help.

IMG_2562.JPG

IMG_2563.JPG

IMG_2565.JPG

IMG_2566.JPG

IMG_2568.JPG

IMG_2569.JPG

Is it for sale?  I know someone that might be interested, not me.  I already have one in better shape.