DB Key Application?

DB26

Hello everyone,

I bought this key because another persons suggestion it might be a gearbox lock key. Nobody here.

Well, it doesn’t fit my 26’s gearbox. Any idea what year DB it would fit and its application? Thank you 

IMG_0373.jpeg

IMG_0374.jpeg

Looking at the Master Parts List, I was hoping to find a notation on ordering replacement keys. It just shows ordering a new lock with two keys or listing for new keys. The parts book shows it could be a Briggs and Stratton starting at car number A430625. What you might do is take the lock out and see if a "good" locksmith could make a key or rekey it. 

Other suggestion might be to deactivate it by knocking out the pin and removing the part that stick down. It would not affect the operation of the car. Making a guess looking at the lock sample shown above if that could be done. 

The key the OP shows could be a door lock key, later ignition key or transmission lock key. My guess would be that somewhere on it might be a stamped number, which would match up to needed key, like the number stamped on the ignition tumbler. 

• 2 months later...

That 3 digit key (NOT YALE) looks like the door and ignition lock on my '28 Standard 6 Cabriolet. I presume closed car bodies had the locking doors. Not certain regarding open cars having outer door locks.