Disturbing photo……..modified Pierce Arrow’s……..

edinmass

4 minutes ago, alsancle said:

George, you have proven that locomobile makes a more attractive tow truck than Pierce arrow.

That isn’t a high hurdle. Although some Pierce 66’s made good fire trucks. Good in functionality but not in looks.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, alsancle said:

George, you have proven that locomobile makes a more attractive tow truck than Pierce arrow.

I shall NOT comment or modify the conversation........I get in enough trouble here as it is..........😛

• Haha 1

On 4/15/2023 at 9:34 PM, George K said:

Back in the late 1970’s I was looking for old car and found a Twin Six Packard wrecker. Never took pictures but wonder where it went.

I think I know the one you're talking about. I have a photo of a white 1932 Packard Individual Custom victoria that was turned into a truck. It's on my storage drive at my other office. I'm not sure it was a Twin Six, though. $2 or $3 million dollar car today, tho.

2 hours ago, West Peterson said:

I think I know the one you're talking about. I have a photo of a white 1932 Packard Individual Custom victoria that was turned into a truck. It's on my storage drive at my other office. I'm not sure it was a Twin Six, though. $2 or $3 million dollar car today, tho.

Worse yet I had been asked by the man who owned these cars pastor to look at his cars. The church he attended was told by him that he would donate the money from these cars to the church. The barn held six or seven RR’s. All interesting bodies. The fellow had been in the military and traveled around the country buying cars left at military bases. Air Force guys could fly them back home n/c. I was too young to understand the situation. The owner was a fascinating character. Guess I wasn’t meant to make money but I have had a great time working on old cars. Still not a RR enthusiast.

• Like 1