Entry Lock Halo

7 hours ago, shelbyone said:

Hey Gus...This was only available on 1989 model year TC's and I am wondering, if it would be possible to somehow retrofit my door lock cylinder with the LED Halo from an 89 model...( or if there is an additional Fiberoptic Halo that fits the existing 1990/91 models)  

In checking my 1990 Parts Manual, I see that the door halo light is still listed as parts of the car though the switch part number is different. 

So, yours and every TC should have the halo lamps in each door key lock surround already. If it does not come on when the door release handle is lifted, it is likely a broken connector to the L.E.D.

1 hour ago, Hemi Dude said:

In checking my 1990 Parts Manual, I see that the door halo light is still listed as parts of the car though the switch part number is different. 

So, yours and every TC should have the halo lamps in each door key lock surround already. If it does not come on when the door release handle is lifted, it is likely a broken connector to the L.E.D.

Hey Hemi! thanks for looking into this!  I compared the 89 to the 90/91 lock cylinder and it is clearly missing the LED altogether...look:

first 2 pics are my lock, 3rd is the LED Halo lock...last is how it should look....

lock 2.jpg

lock.jpg

real lock.JPG

door halo .JPG

Well, either the door lock cylinders have been replaced OR they ran out of illuminated ones there in Italy when the cars were produced.  That’s a good question to ask all the readers here, “Do yours light up when you lift the door handle?” Just a short reply will do.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hemi Dude said:

Well, either the door lock cylinders have been replaced OR they ran out of illuminated ones there in Italy when the cars were produced.  That’s a good question to ask all the readers here, “Do yours light up when you lift the door handle?” Just a short reply will do.

I just spoke with the owner of a 91 and he doesn’t have the key hole halo lights. So, they must have eliminated them for some reason 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 4/10/2023 at 1:05 AM, shelbyone said:

Hey Hemi! thanks for looking into this!  I compared the 89 to the 90/91 lock cylinder and it is clearly missing the LED altogether...look:

first 2 pics are my lock, 3rd is the LED Halo lock...last is how it should look....

lock 2.jpg

lock.jpg

real lock.JPG

door halo .JPG

Now that I have 2 TCs parked in my garage, I see that my red 89 has the lock cylinder that accommodates the ‘Halo Light’ and the white 90/91 does not. Mine has never operated and I found that the connection to the LED has broken away. I suspect that this is the general cause of failure rather than a time delay relay which has worked all these years in my red TC, for my interior lights and also for the one to the ignition switch light.

2F5E805A-3C65-4755-8977-955885C940B4.jpeg

84277DF1-E1D3-4D70-B3B9-A671FD6C3341.jpeg

Edited by Hemi Dude
Added a few words, corrected one. (see edit history)