For Sale: 1953 Kaiser Manhattan 4dr sedan, 63K miles - $11,500 - Plains, PA - Not Mine

Sorry, electric went off while I was doing this posting, Spring thunderstorms...

For Sale: 1953 Kaiser Manhattan 4dr sedan, 63K miles - $11,500 - Plains, PA

1953 Kaiser Manhattan - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)

Seller's Description:

Very nice, clean 4 door sedan. Mechanically very good. All new brake shoes, wheel cylinders and master cylinder. All fluids renewed. Complete engine tune up. All coolant hoses are new and cooling system flushed. New generator, fan belt, battery and battery cables. New exhaust system with hangers. New door mirrors, antenna, spare wheel and new spare tire. All tires are new. Paint and chrome are in very good condition. Electric overdrive system updated to solid state system. Speedometer works, actual mileage is not known. Interior is lovely with bench seats and bamboo trim. Nice carpeting. Great heater. Current Pa. inspection. Many, many hours devoted to reconditioning and selling way below investment. Two tone exterior, white and burgundy.

Copy and paste in your email: f5818bbd69bb37cd9f0f841be8ba1056@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1953 Kaiser Manhattan 4dr sedan.

'53 Kaiser Manhattan PA a.jpg

'53 Kaiser Manhattan PA b.jpg

'53 Kaiser Manhattan PA c.jpg

'53 Kaiser Manhattan PA d.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8 (see edit history)
  • Like 3

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1953 Kaiser Manhattan 4dr sedan, 63K miles - $11,500 - Plains, PA - Not Mine
6 minutes ago, 58L-Y8 said:

You're welcome. Sorry, electric went off while I was doing this posting, Spring thunderstorms...

I understand. We lose power regularly around here due to storms and just transformers blowing up. 

Plains, PA is is less than two hours away. That's a really tempting vehicle, and he'd probably take a little less for it if you paid cash on the spot. 

4 minutes ago, DrumBob said:

I understand. We lose power regularly around here due to storms and just transformers blowing up. 

Plains, PA is is less than two hours away. That's a really tempting vehicle, and he'd probably take a little less for it if you paid cash on the spot. 

I was surprised any part of the posting showed up this morning since the power just went out instantly.   If you do go inspect this Kaiser, please give us a report on your findings.

Sharp. A great way to introduce oneself to the hobby at a reasonable price.

Unfortunate the seller couldn't include photos of the"lovely" interior, or anything under the hood.

I know nothing about Kaiser values, but $11K seems like a good starting point for such a striking car. 

• Like 1

The wheel covers started life on a Henry J. It's also missing the front and rear bumper bullets. My guess is that they were dented and not worth replating. Finding good units is getting harder so that's no surprise. Some interior and under hood shots would go a long way towards justifying an ask over $10K.