Small car show in France (Montauban)

sebastienbuick

Peugeot sold a few 504's in the US.

Does DeLorean count with its part French engine?

We'll see if Stellantis uses any French platforms in the US, but I suspect they would sell thinly disguised as a US brand.  They are introducing a version of the Alfa Tonale as the Dodge Hornet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rusty_OToole said:

French makes come and go from the market. They have a habit of coming in, selling some cars for a few years, then abandoning the market leaving their dealers and customers high and dry. Last time they were here Renault partnered with AMC selling the Renault R5, Alliance, and some larger models under the Eagle brand.That came to an end when Chrysler took over AMC in the mid 90s. They sold a few Citroens in the 70s. Haven't seen a French car on the road in years.

Alright, thanks for the info ! ;) 
Since there are no more French car imports in America, did you know (or had you ever seen) the new French cars since the 2000s ?
Before renault used numbers for the name of their model, but this is no longer the case now, renault uses names for each model (clio, megane, espace, twingo, velsatis, laguna, kadjar , kangoo ... )
But Peugeot uses 90% of the numbers for the name of its cars (206,208,107,306,307,308,406,407,2008,3008,4008,5008,508,....)

1 hour ago, bryankazmer said:

Peugeot sold a few 504's in the US.

Does DeLorean count with its part French engine?

We'll see if Stellantis uses any French platforms in the US, but I suspect they would sell thinly disguised as a US brand.  They are introducing a version of the Alfa Tonale as the Dodge Hornet.

I like the 504, I have a friend who has 2 with an original V6 ;)
For the French, the DeLorean is an American car, only car enthusiasts know it's a European engine, but other people think it's a 100% American car ;)
And a lot of people love the DeLorean, because they discovered it in the awesome movie (love that movie :wub: ) "back to the future" :)

the Renault activity I mentioned earlier here in the USA, this car was in the state of Maine in 1937 and on a Dealer license plate , most likely a Reinastella or Nervastella - not a small car by any means . the car would have been at least 5 years old when the photo was taken. I grew up in the post war era and the only Renault's I recall were the Daulphine in the early 1960s.

RENAULTmaine1937001.jpg

1 hour ago, Walt G said:

I grew up in the post war era and the only Renault's I recall were the Dauphine in the early 1960s.

There was also the Caravelle 2-seat convertible.  I recall it was also somewhat popular as well.  (Known as 'Floride' in other markets.)

Craig

2 hours ago, sebastienbuick said:

I like the 504, I have a friend who has 2 with an original V6 ;)

Did they use the PRV 'Doverin' engine in the 504 in its home market and/or the rest of Europe?  It was seen only in the 604, Renault 30TS, and the Volvo 260 series here.  

Craig

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 8E45E said:

Did they use the PRV 'Doverin' engine in the 504 in its home market and/or the rest of Europe?  It was seen only in the 604, Renault 30TS, and the Volvo 260 series here.  

Craig

The first 504s had the V6 XM-KF6 103 hp , and from 1974, the 504 will be equipped with the new V6 PRV 136 hp ;)

https://mecanicus.com/fr/gazette/peugeot-504-v6-la-maitrise-de-pininfarina-associee-au-savoir-faire-francais

Edited by sebastienbuick (see edit history)

5 hours ago, sebastienbuick said:

The first 504s had the V6 XM-KF6 103 hp , and from 1974, the 504 will be equipped with the new V6 PRV 136 hp ;)

https://mecanicus.com/fr/gazette/peugeot-504-v6-la-maitrise-de-pininfarina-associee-au-savoir-faire-francais

Thanks for the information on the 2-door 504 models North America never officially received.  All we had here was the 4 door sedan and station wagon models.  Did Peugeot ever install the V6 in the 504 four door and station wagons?  As I remember, the 504GL was the highest trim level, with full instrumentation, including tach, and power front windows.  It had a 4-cylinder engine.  

Craig

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, 8E45E said:

Thanks for the information on the 2-door 504 models North America never officially received.  All we had here was the 4 door sedan and station wagon models.  Did Peugeot ever install the V6 in the 504 four door and station wagons?  As I remember, the 504GL was the highest trim level, with full instrumentation, including tach, and power front windows.  It had a 4-cylinder engine.  

Craig

With pleasure ;)

If I'm not mistaken, only the 2-door coupe had the V6, for the other models it was a 4-cylinder . 

1 hour ago, bryankazmer said:

That "broken trunk" on the sedan to me showed that even Pininfarina has off days

The Peugeot 504 has had several versions and the bodywork has changed too.
And my favorite version of the 504 is the post-1970 version.
Peugeot did a concept of the new 504 in 2020, I like it but I don't like the interior with this dashboard

49 minutes ago, bryankazmer said:

Interesting video.  I do not see the point of "sharp"(sport) mode in driverless operation, though.

Yes it's true the sport mode is not useful if you do not follow .
It's a concept, they wanted to try to put this equipment ;)