1941 olds series 66 business coupe

Hoot

It won't come anywhere near fitting. Check the length of the six vs straight eight. They gave the eights a longer wheelbase frame and longer front end for a reason.

It might be possible to fit the Hydramatic if you had all the goodies to go with it like steering column with shift quadrant, gearshift, brake pedal, and possibly drive shaft and crossmember.

Worth keeping in mind, the 66 model used the smaller A body shared with Chevrolet and Pontiac while the eights used the larger B or C body.

It may help to know the Olds model numbering system. First digit is the body size. 6 is the A body, shared with Chevrolet and Pontiac. 8  is B body shared with the smaller Buicks like the Special and Century. 9 is the C body shared with Buick Roadmaster and Cadillac.

So, a 66 is the smallest car with the six cylinder engine. 88 is the medium size eight cylinder and the 98 is the biggest eight cylinder. I believe the 76 was the B body with six cylinder engine.

Some later 98s from the fifties used a stretched B body.

Parts like doors, window glass, etc do not interchange between bodies.

• Like 1

In 1941 and 1942 Oldsmobile offered the 60 series in 6 and 8 cylinder versions, both on the 119" wheelbase frame. The 1948 eight cylinder engine and Hydra-Matic should be very similar to those used in 1941. I see no reason why they wouldn't fit - they built 'em that way.

If I remember correctly on my 41 Olds 8 cylinder 98, the 8 cylinders had the radiator to the front of the radiator support and 6 cylinders had it to the rear.  Not sure if that is correct, but what I remember.  Been many years since I did any research on it.

• Like 1