1961 Station Wagon $2200

Marketplace - 1961 Buick LeSabre Limited Sedan 4D | Facebook

Seller's Description

1961 Buick LeSabre not running! I have the title. Motor is the 445 Wildcat Nailhead. motor turns, It also has the coveted 2 speed transmission. I’ve decided to get rid of it. Was going to make a Rat rod out of it! Serious inquires only. If you see it its still available. No holds and no payment plans. $2,500 or O,B,O

Product photo of 1961 Buick LeSabre Limited Sedan 4D

Product photo of 1961 Buick LeSabre Limited Sedan 4D
  • Like 1

I believe that we have seen this car offered during the past.  I think that the car is very interesting, since it has the optional interior that is very similar to that used in the Invicta series cars.  (There was no Invicta Estate Wagon offered for '61.)  

The car is equipped with power seat, power windows, and tinted glass.

The "Wildcat 445" was the 401-cid engine, which was not offered for the LeSabre series in 1961.  1961 was the final year for the 364-cid engine for the LeSabre.  Once again, this car prompts questions regarding the possible availability of a 401 in the LeSabre Estate Wagon.

Edited by Centurion
Updated information. (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TexRiv_63 said:

"Coveted 2 speed transmission"

I know, says a lot about the buyer.   These buyers - I am being prejudiced here, but their Facebook profiles often bear me out - are usually middle aged men with Harleys, and hobbies and they see something like this car after going to the local show n shine where there is a similar older car "rat rodded" or whatever that means, and they think they can do it. 

They drag it home, it sits a couple of years, they add several thousand dollars to the asking price (usually, this one seems reasonable) and throw it on facebook.  "Had big plans, but going in a different direction."

When reality sets in, one can see the cracked windshield, the dash needs recovered, suspension mods (if "rat rodding it"), etc.  

• Like 1

IMO if the seller ever wakes up from his fantasy dream and comes down to reality this specimen could be parted out before it's scrapped. The rat rod aspirations are long gone. Sitting outside in the northeast rust belt far too long, this 4-door sedan wagon is too rusty, dirty, deteriorated and neglected to bring back. GM wagons of this era got really rusty in the tailgate & rear bumper areas but there are no pics from the rear at all. Displays broken windshield, grille, and headliner boards that are missing or fallen away. Hurry before the spring rains come and heavy equipment is needed extract the car from the muddy field. Sorry but I am not a fan of neglected vehicles that have been stored outdoors for years & years in damp environments. 

• Like 1