1940 - 1953 OLDSMOBILE literature LOT

1937hd45

UPDATE 4/5/23 I'll accept $29.00 and pay the postage in the USA ===== This was a lot that belonged to an Oldsmobile salesman, that 1940 Sales Force piece must be the rare piece along with the pars of parts  order forms. $29.00 buys it all FREE POSTAGE USA PayPal works best. Thank you! Bob 

DSCF5985.JPG

DSCF5990.JPG

DSCF5989.JPG

DSCF5988.JPG

DSCF5987.JPG

DSCF5986.JPG

Edited by 1937hd45 (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

That's what I was thinking originally as well, but then I remembered the Hydramtic plant burnt around that time and they put other transmissions in the normally hydramatic equipped cars.   Was it 53 or 54 or both?  I recall having a 53 Olds with a Packard Ultramatic in it or something like that. 

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)
  • Like 1

From what I recall of the GM owner's manuals I have recently photographed from this era,  there are only a couple of pages regarding the transmissions and shift patterns on the column which should be different.  I would think in those few pages you should see some reference.  If nothing else and there are only a few pages, you could post a picture of them and let the other member determine if it's what they are looking for.  

6 hours ago, 1937hd45 said:

What does either transmission look like, what defines one over the other? 

Look inside owners manual for display of transmission selector: "PNDLR" would be for Dynaflow Transmission.

Bob

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...