MAP sensor differences

Hi guys!....since my 91 TC/V6 ( just rebuild the engine) acts up in idle, I was trying to get to the culprit...checked all Vacuum lines for leaks...all good...swapped the brand-new MAP with the old one and noticed a difference in numbers....( so far, it idles fine now...)  are there minor differences?  ( Hemi probably knows it....) in the pic, the lower one is the "new" one...

thanks!!! and happy new year to all of you!

Map sensors.jpg

The upper number, the actual part number, is the same on both sensors, therefore they are the same calibration wise.  The difference in the lower numbers is likely the difference in date of manufacture.

Though these are both the same part number and you see a difference in idle quality, I don't have sufficient information to diagnose "acts up in idle" since I don't even know what these ( mildly upgraded) modifications might be. Would you like to elaborate?  I might ask, how and when did you acquire that "Brand-New" one with the original Chrysler part number after 30 years?  I see new ones equivalent to this number on Rock Auto, but by various other very different part numbers.

Edited by Hemi Dude
Added information & questions (see edit history)
  • Like 1

All factor map sensors are 2 bar, all have the same voltage calibration and the only difference throughout the 85-92 Fwd turbo dodge cars is the connector style. Another common culprit when diagnosing a map sensor related issue is a bad bar read solenoid. This solenoid adjusts for altitude changes and they often go bad, usually they get stuck closed and then your map sensor won’t get an accurate reading. If changing map sensors doesn’t fix your issue double check vacuum lines/routing and then try replacing barometric pressure (baro read solenoid). Good luck

• Like 1

On 1/6/2023 at 9:21 PM, Hemi Dude said:

The upper number, the actual part number, is the same on both sensors, therefore they are the same calibration wise.  The difference in the lower numbers is likely the difference in date of manufacture.

Though these are both the same part number and you see a difference in idle quality, I don't have sufficient information to diagnose "acts up in idle" since I don't even know what these ( mildly upgraded) modifications might be. Would you like to elaborate?  I might ask, how and when did you acquire that "Brand-New" one with the original Chrysler part number after 30 years?  I see new ones equivalent to this number on Rock Auto, but by various other very different part numbers.

Hey Hemi! thanks for the clarification! the modification is: 52mm throttle body off of a 94 3.3 Chrysler minivan, the stock 3.0 throttle body has a 46mm bore.the new Map came from Rock Auto....just thought about this...I changed the TPS and IAC as well...but according to the original specs....if there is a big difference between these parts and the ones need for the bigger throttle body..then there is another problem as well....

Edited by shelbyone (see edit history)