buick riviera 1967 center link ball joint

Mister Fab

Rare parts can rebuild them, however, they say they have them in stock.

https://www.rareparts.com/RP25836-25836-CENTER-LINK?quantity=1&custcol_rp_part_location=REAR&custcol_rp_part_application=405291&custcol_rp_vehicle=1967-Buick-Riviera

People have disassembled and rebuilt them, however, there is no source for the specific pieces.  It requires finding and then removing suitable parts from another part such as a tie-rod end.  I would recommend buying the replacement from Rare Parts.  It is guaranteed to fit and perform as new.  The price seems reasonable, though shipping to France will probably not be cheap...

• Like 1

If someone else can recondition one you can. That was my thinking when I needed one for a '62 Electra back in the late '80's. And I did it.

The cap retaining the swivel joints will come off after grinding the tack weld. Just gently press it out. Find a friendly counter guy who will let you go to the shelves and match up the balls on some similar vintage tie rod ends. Just be creative.

I found a pair, slipped them in, pressed the cap on, and heliarced a track.

Being a Jaguar owner at times I knew the Brits rebuilt ball joints, so why couldn't I find parts to do it.

Here's a Jaguar ball joint kit. Should be inspirational.

f57d0318-222d-4e60-9459-c9a5b0d80358.png

• Like 1