Wire wheels for 23 Franklin.

samsonized

I assumed that to be true. If I could find a set a set without having to make a bunch of parts in order to adapt it would be great I see your dad has two early cars do either of them have wires?   Also trying to figure out what size tires it takes. I cut the old ones off because they were rotted and could not read a size so I don’t know if they were 23” or 24”

The tires on my '23 Franklin are 6.00-20. Don't know what that translates to wheel size.

As mentioned above, it's very hard to find wire wheel replacements for Series 9 and 10 cars. People will buy entire cars just to get a rare set of wire wheels. 

3 hours ago, RansomEli said:

The tires on my '23 Franklin are 6.00-20. Don't know what that translates to wheel size.

As mentioned above, it's very hard to find wire wheel replacements for Series 9 and 10 cars. People will buy entire cars just to get a rare set of wire wheels. 

6.00-20 is not an original tire size for a series 10. I think maybe series 12 used that size. A 10A or 10B would have had 32x4, and a 10C would have had 5.25-21.

From the Buffalo catalog.

B29x4 are balloon low pressure tires on 21" rims.

32x4 are high pressure tires on 24" rims. 

Both are straight side Dunlop type.

HC4 is the type and size of the interface design between the hub and wheel center.

66 being the number of spokes.

IMG_0281.JPG

IMG_0280.JPG

Series 9 and Series 10 A, B, and C in some cases, used CB 4, 66 spoke, 24" rims.  Very late in Series 10 C, HC 4 were used, also with 66 spokes, some with 21" rims, however I have encountered HC 4's with 72 spoke wheel centers. 

JR

I guess that makes us all missionaries?

Chad Windham in Washington can make you new frame sills at a very reasonable cost.  

Then you at least will have a rolling chassis.  That would "feel good". If you are interested I would be happy to provide you with his contact information through a private message or direct email. Just let me know. 

He also has a huge stash of parts for same. 

JR