1926 junior 8 parts wanted

Patrick J Reeve

Good day.  We are looking for a valve cover (the upper, not side cover) for the ohv billy durant engine, a rim, air cleaner can and a copy or original owners manual.  We have the reprint of the 8-66 which really doesn't have a lot related aspects to the 1926 model.   Any help would be appreciated including any leads to individuals that may know other people with spare parts.  Thank you, Patrick 315-663-1569

• Like 1

If I understand the Junior 8 engine design correctly, this engine uses two of these cast valve covers?  If so and if you have one, give it some time, you may find a serviceable match.  Worst case.......have a new one cast from your original cover.  New castings are costly now days, but that is where we are.  I had some water manifold castings made for an early "T" head Wisconsin project and the cost took my breath away for a couple of days until I got over the shock.  However, I am happy now as I can now proceed with that project that was stalled until I could get these castings.  Good luck with your hunt.  I hope some Locomobile guy can steer you on to an original piece.

Al

This Junior 8 has been on and off for sell several time in the near past.  The "Woody Wagon" or as the would call it on the other side of the pond "Shooting Brake" is a refreshing way to save an antique automobile that has a sedan body beyond repair.  You might be right, maybe the owner has spare parts with it that could help Patrick. It is certainly worth checking out.

Al

• 2 months later...
On 11/29/2022 at 7:10 PM, Patrick J Reeve said:

Here is a picture of the valve cover with a can for reference in size. I haven't had a chance to follow that thread yet due to a lot a family business giving me very little time, but I plan to do it. Thank you for your interest and help in finding us one of the parts to start completing this car. 

locomobile valve cover.jpg

Just noticed on the HCCA site under Parts for sale two Junior 8 valve covers available. Hope this helps.

Patrick, it sounds as if you have one correct valve cover? If so you may need to bite the bullet and get a 3D pattern made and simply have a new valve cover cast. I guess my point it is a determination of how much time you want to invest in this valve cover hunt. If you are ready to go together with your engine, I would not wait, I would get a 3D pattern made and have two new castings made. I would then use the two new castings and keep your original valve cover as a display conversation piece or find a buyer for it. What a hobby we have and what a blessing the 3D technology is.

Al

Edited by alsfarms
Clarity (see edit history)