Want to buy Locomobile Junior 8

George K

There was one for sale ten years back in Windsor Connecticut. And entire rolling chassis. Had wire wheels. Have no clue where it ended up. Probably in Bridgeport with the dealer, as there was a bunch of similar stuff there for sale by the pile. Franklin, LaSalle, Packard, the list was endless. All in poor storage in a tobacco barn. Never did find out where it all went too………it just sort of evaporated. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately all the land up near the airport has been developed for commercial use in the last 20-30 years. I used to like seeing the tobacco barns with the slats extended to allow air to travel through - they looked like they were falling down but it was designed that way. There's a small chance it was all junked by the decedants of the land holder....you know, $20K in old parts to deal with versus $1-2 million for the land.

• Like 1

I’m certain the stuff was saved………where it went is another issue. The Packard collector Don and I think his last name started with a “C” got it. Was from the Hartford area.

Update…..Don Carlson.

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 1

There was a Jr listed on here about 6 months ago????  My memory was that it was down in Kentucky, but I'm not sure about that.  I did a quick search and didn't find it.   I'll look again.  It was a sedan,  asking around 12K.....I thought it looked interesting.  

2 hours ago, edinmass said:

There was one for sale ten years back in Windsor Connecticut. And entire rolling chassis. Had wire wheels. Have no clue where it ended up. Probably in Bridgeport with the dealer, as there was a bunch of similar stuff there for sale by the pile. Franklin, LaSalle, Packard, the list was endless. All in poor storage in a tobacco barn. Never did find out where it all went too………it just sort of evaporated. 

Just what I want. Sounds like I’m ten years late. Thanks.