AC Compressor Question

shelbyone

Get the gasket AND use a product called " Leak-Lock" available at professional plumbing  A/C stores. It is a blue joint sealer used for gas fitting. I have used it for 45+ years on all ac and gas joints, with ZERO leaks if applied correctly.

All of my joints on my TC's AC system have it, and it works well

ac have it, sith No leaks

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mensanguy said:

Get the gasket AND use a product called " Leak-Lock" available at professional plumbing  A/C stores. It is a blue joint sealer used for gas fitting. I have used it for 45+ years on all ac and gas joints, with ZERO leaks if applied correctly.

this stuff??

Screenshot 2022-11-23 at 4.48.43 PM.png

• 11 months later...

It sounds like you're dealing with a leak in the AC compressor setup, specifically around the inlet where oil is involved. If you're uncertain about the extent of the damage and for safety reasons, it might be a good idea to consider replacing the whole compressor.As for what that specific gasket or part is called, it can vary depending on your AC system. It's often referred to as a compressor gasket or compressor seal. To get the right one, it's best to check your AC system's specifications and consult with a mechanic or auto parts expert.And if you're into DIY car repairs or want to learn more about automotive maintenance, there are helpful resources out there. You can check out this link for insights on how to become more skilled in car repairs: https://www.howtobecomeaplumber.org/

Edited by GustavoValencia (see edit history)

On 11/22/2022 at 4:39 PM, shelbyone said:

hey there...looks like my AC ( which I rebuild completely with all new parts except for the Compressor:...) has a f%§&$ leak,,...

the inlet where the compressor is being set up with its oil is slightly leaking....

replace the whole thing for safety or get the gasket? and WHAT is it called?

Since this is an old inquiry from a year ago, on a 3.0L engine, there again, always identify engine when you begin a new question.  

The compressor is a Variable Displacement compressor, the Gasket Package part number originally was/is 3848979 and the Front Shaft Seal Package is 3847916.  

Those 2 MOPAR part numbers should take you to other manufacturers replacement numbers.

Buying a rebuilt compressor from a reputable rebuilder is usually the best idea. This way you merely have to R&R and evacuate and recharge the system. 

Edited by Hemi Dude
Added additional info. (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

On 11/22/2022 at 9:52 PM, mensanguy said:

I use the same thing. No leaks ever.