For Sale: 1941 Lincoln Zephyr 3-passenger Coupe - 292 CI, V-12, 3-Speed - $85,000 - Logan, OH - Not Mine

For Sale: 1941 Lincoln Zephyr 3-passenger Coupe - 292 CI, V-12, 3-Speed - $85,000 - Logan, OH

1941 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe - 292 CI, 3-Speed - cars & trucks - by... (craigslist.org)

Seller's Description:

1 of 1,150 Model 72 Zephyr 3-window coupes produced in 1941, Body-off restoration is unknown, 292 CI V-12 engine, 3-speed manual transmission. Woodgrain dash with gold trim. Fender skirts. Front and rear bumper guards. Painted steel wheels. Chrome trim rings and wheel covers. Wide whitewall tires. Red pinstriping on bumper guards and wheel covers. Stunning Black body with a matching interior. Powered by the famous 292 CI Lincoln V-12 with a 3-speed manual transmission
Copy and paste in your email: c0250edf910a3d03a70b5fa5c86713d8@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1941 Lincoln Zephyr 3-passenger Coupe

The Standard Catalog of American Cars, 1805-1942, Edited by Kimes and Clark states 972 Body Style 72A 1941 Lincoln Zephyr 3-passenger Coupe, plus another 178 Body Style 72B 1941 Lincoln Zephyr 5-passenger Coupes built.  The 72B was this body but with a fold-down auxiliary seat in the space behind the main bench seat.

"Body-off restoration is unknown", isn't possible with Lincoln-Zephyrs and Continentals: these are semi-unibody construction.  Although there is a full frame, the body is welded to it.

'41 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe OH a.jpg

'41 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe OH b.jpg

'41 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe OH c.jpg

'41 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe OH d.jpg

'41 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe OH e.jpg

'41 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe OH f.jpg

'41 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe OH g.jpg

'41 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe OH h.jpg

'41 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe OH i.jpg

'41 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe OH j.jpg

'41 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe OH k.jpg

• Like 2

Pretty car but that is a hugely optimistic price. For the money I would have thought they could roll it out of the garage. The shag carpet in the trunk can't be right. Hmm...the more I look at the photos the more the car needs.

Looks like a vinyl interior and I think it should be broadcloth. And so on...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ericmac said:

Pretty car but that is a hugely optimistic price. For the money I would have thought they could roll it out of the garage. The shag carpet in the trunk can't be right. Hmm...the more I look at the photos the more the car needs.

Looks like a vinyl interior and I think it should be broadcloth. And so on...

The three windows seem to bring strong money. Although I don’t know which year is the most popular. I have a buddy you got 32K for mediocre four-door sedan.

• Thanks 1