California now offers digital license plates!

Leif in Calif

Now, for a mere $215 per year, your rear license plate can be a digital display! And here's the wonderful part: when the vehicle is parked, you can personalize the display! Ain't that grand?  What ever will they think of next! 

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/Californians-can-now-get-digital-license-plates-17508186.php?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=briefing&utm_campaign=sfc_baybriefing_am&sid=573a3227498ec2e660186be0

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 12/6/2022 at 6:26 PM, Max4Me said:

I recently went to a local Dodge dealer looking at new trucks. All of their vehicles come with a digital license plate already mounted, along with a $1,200 price tag for installing it! 

And then they wonder why people don't enjoy 'The dealer experience". 

On 10/14/2022 at 10:10 AM, Leif in Calif said:

Now, for a mere $215 per year, your rear license plate can be a digital display! And here's the wonderful part: when the vehicle is parked, you can personalize the display!

When I first read a local article about these plates, it said the state was exploring the idea of displaying ads when the vehicle was stopped/parked. If so you can pretty much bet the revenue won’t go to the owner.