GM key color

Howard Boyle

Maybe this can help I was just unpacking some of my items that did not sell from Hershey and this is an NOS trunk handle from 41-48 Chevrolet. GM all used the same Briggs and Stratton key blanks on all of their vehicles at least through 1964. So here is a photo of the original NOS GM keys, hope this is of some help.

IMG_8062.JPG

IMG_8063.JPG

IMG_8064.JPG

• Like 2

Just to add, those Briggs and Stratton/Rochester Products/GM keys of that pear design (known in the aftermarket as B-11) and the octagon (B-10) were used from 1935 to 1966. B-10 and B-11 are the same keyway. I have only seen them in the GM originals as plated, but I had not seen one specific to 1941 Buick, so I didn't answer.

Aftermarket blanks I have seen in plated brass, brass w/o plating, and aluminum with many anodized colors....😲

12 hours ago, Frank DuVal said:

Just to add, those Briggs and Stratton/Rochester Products/GM keys of that pear design (known in the aftermarket as B-11) and the octagon (B-10) were used from 1935 to 1966. B-10 and B-11 are the same keyway. I have only seen them in the GM originals as plated, but I had not seen one specific to 1941 Buick, so I didn't answer.

Aftermarket blanks I have seen in plated brass, brass w/o plating, and aluminum with many anodized colors....😲

Frank,

I don't think your going to find any more original to 1941 GM key to the keys in that NOS handle I have shown in the photo. I would find it extremely unlikely that Buick would have a different finish on their keys then the rest GM of the product line

• Thanks 1