Another GREAT Hershey

Steve_Mack_CT

Yep, golf carts, scooters, $20 to park each day, some rain and empty spaces.  Who cares!! 

We had a great time, my only real complaint a self induced quick two days vs. Three, we will fix that next year.  

Kudos to the Hummelstown Holiday Inn (dog friendly, squeaky clean and a nice staff) and all vendors who stuck around for the end of the week.  And of course the show organizers and volunteers!!!

Yes, for higher grade gas and oil stuff the pickings are slimmer every year.  No reflection on vendors but the reality they are not making (most!) That stuff anymore!   Still lots to look at.

We (I that is) are now pull wagon converts.  Bring lunch, rain gear, haul parts and no need to carry heavy stuff around for hours.  It took years, but I get it now!!

Bringing our dog for the first time was all good, except for the attention factor.  Mrs. Mack handled 90% of it but we must have spoken with 75 folks who wanted to meet Patty over two days! 

The attached pic was taken around 3:15 AM wednesday morning.  5 hour drive in pretty steady rain, but we got a full day in and a pretty full day Thursday also.  😁

Saw a lot of folks, missed a few and brought home some finds.

Hope others had fun as well.  Refining plans for 2023 already. 👍😊😊

20221005_031136.jpg

Edited by Steve_Mack_CT (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Monday setup, that is my son in laws Chevy dump truck, think it is 20 years old now. He bought it new when he was 19 years old and had it paid off in two years, he is a worker. We came home last night, you never know what life is going to throw at you, this evening on his way home a kid in a pizza delivery car blew a stop sign and totaled the truck, hit so hard the rear axle was torn off. Robert is fine, some math wiz can figure out how many pizza's equal a new replacement Chevy dump truck. 

DSCF7525.JPG

Edited by 1937hd45 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

WoW sorry to hear that. Hope he will be fine. Shame about the truck.  I am sure it had many years of service left but doubt any insurance will be able to provide an equal replacement. 

Quite a few years ago pop pulled out of a driveway pulling a heavy skid loader trailer. A guy in a sunfire was travelling at an excessively high rate of speed and t boned the trailer. Broke the axles off the trailer and bent the frame, ripped the hitch in half. Dad was fine, the young kids in the car were stunned a bit. First thing they did was ask for a phone which dad gave them. They called someone that showed up within minutes and  picked up a 'package' then left before the police got  there. Dad got the ticket even though there were several witnesses that said how fast the car was going.