1930-31 Auburn radiator cap questions

keiser31

Hi Keiser31, 

It seems Mike's junk drawer has a lot in it. I think you will find this is the type cup he was looking for. My 1932 has a reproduction radiator cap on it with a cup of my making that works. I adapted an old gas cap and rubber washers to work and got this cup in case I found an original. Are you interested in selling your cap or did you get an Auburn?

Carl

P9150505.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2022 at 4:22 PM, 1937-44 said:

Hi Keiser31, 

It seems Mike's junk drawer has a lot in it. I think you will find this is the type cup he was looking for. My 1932 has a reproduction radiator cap on it with a cup of my making that works. I adapted an old gas cap and rubber washers to work and got this cup in case I found an original. Are you interested in selling your cap or did you get an Auburn?

Carl

P9150505.JPG

Thank you very much guys! I REALLY appreciate the photo! I would sell the cap. I cannot afford an Auburn.

• Like 1

Welcome back Keiser31,  was beginning to worry about you.  I've had mine about 28 years and made due with a reproduction cap on mine all these years. Unfortunately the time seems to be drawing nearer it might be going down the road before long.  That's just a bit of a hint in case you come into some money.  :)

I started thinking about it and I think I'll let the new owner find an original. Sorry but can't give you a value for it but I'm sure you won't have any trouble selling it. Good Luck.

Edited by 1937-44 (see edit history)
  • Like 1