Window"bug"for 35 Buick

Buick35

Dose anyone have an original style window "bug" that I can get a picture of? I had some made but I looked up the code on them and they're from a much later vehicle. It's the LOF with the shield I think. I might still use them because I'm not sure anyone would notice but not sure.Thanks.

As I’m sure you know, I have the ones from my 1941 Buick woodie. They have the production date on them. It would be nice if you could get art work with the date. 1935’s are pretty rare. 1934 could get close but the date would be off if I in fact they are dated. The Markngard guy seems to be reasonable in getting things right. He told me he will keep my artwork if I need more stencils in the future. 

thomas Schuttish aka Shootey

11 minutes ago, Shootey said:

As I’m sure you know, I have the ones from my 1941 Buick woodie. They have the production date on them. It would be nice if you could get art work with the date. 1935’s are pretty rare. 1934 could get close but the date would be off if I in fact they are dated. The Markngard guy seems to be reasonable in getting things right. He told me he will keep my artwork if I need more stencils in the future. 

thomas Schuttish aka Shootey

Thanks,Could I tell him to refer to your art work and just change the date?

You have my permission.  I’ll attach an exemplar of the one he did for me.  The end product is not quite as crisp as the original but nice nonetheless. Maybe he could change the “4-41” to something with “35”. Be sure the date predates the production date of your car. I’ll send him an email if needed. 

8491F75E-CF47-4F5C-A04D-28F2192647B7.png

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Shootey said:

You have my permission.  I’ll attach an exemplar of the one he did for me.  The end product is not quite as crisp as the original but nice nonetheless. Maybe he could change the “4-41” to something with “35”. Be sure the date predates the production date of your car. I’ll send him an email if needed. 

8491F75E-CF47-4F5C-A04D-28F2192647B7.png

Sounds great,I would greatly appreciate it. He can make it like yours only different date.

I don't think that the 1941 artwork is correct for a 1935. I can get you more photos of some of them from my two 1937 Buicks for your shortly. I can't guarantee that 1935 is the same as 1937 but one of my 1937 Buicks has a vent window dated 12/36, so I would expect them to be more likely to be correct than the 1941 version. The 1937 one is 1/2 inch tall and 1/4 inch wide.   

DSC_0777.JPG